Park

The park at the Castle of Prangins
In the century of enlightenment, the owners of the castle had the mediaeval ditches filled in and created a magnificent landscaped garden.

The park and gardens were restored to their former glory, and now form a belt of green surrounding the castle.

The main avenue leads through a park, with offset lines of lime trees that provide cooling shade for the strolling visitor.

From the terraces, with their rose bushes, the view extends across a meadow with beehives and orchards and on to Lake Geneva and the Alps.

More information




Swiss National Museum
Château de Prangins
1197 Prangins

Tel.  +41 (0)22 994 88 90
Fax  +41 (0)22 994 88 98

E-mail: info.prangins@snm.admin.ch
Opening hours
Opening hours
Tue – Sun 10 am – 5 pm

High days and holidays 10 am – 5 pm
25.12.2014 + 1.1.2015 closed


Printed from: http://www.slmnet.ch/e/prangins/chateau_jardins/parc.php